Cocktails With Honey That Are The Bees Knees
At some point, an increasing number of bartenders started to shelve boring simple syrup and incorporate the sticky sweetness of HONEY into their craft cocktails. The rich viscosity of the sweet nectar mixed with the natural flavor of the substance makes HONEY more powerful than sugar and gives drinks certain flavors that work really well with booze. At least, that’s what many bartenders think as they jump on the trend.
HONEYCOMB GIN COCKTAIL
- 1 Table spoon honey
- 1 Table spoon water
- 2 oz gin (I used Beefeater)
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece of raw honeycomb, for garnish
- Pour the honey and water into a little cup or bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir to combine to create a honey syrup.
- Pour the honey syrup, gin, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into your favorite cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a piece of honeycomb